[asterisk-users] background dialing

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 02:47:17 MST 2007

You can use the small 'm' option in the dial command like this:

exten=>1,1,Dial(SIP/123&SIP/456&SIP/789,,m(default))   ;default is the MOH
class name
This will play music on hold. To play specific msg instead of MOH, you can
create a different MOH class where you can specify to play that specif msg
instead of music on hld.

On 6/5/07, Thomas Stein <thomas.stein at knowledgetools.de> wrote:

> On Monday 04 June 2007, Thomas Stein wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Is it possible to dial in background 2 or more different numbers while
> the
> > same uninterrupted soundfile is playing? Something like this:
> >
> > exten => Answer
> > exten => Playback (hello-bla-bla-we are trying to connect
> you-play-music)
> > exten => Dial (SIP110/15 and after 15s DIAL SIP111 without interrupt the
> > Playback-Music)
>
> I tried to solve this problem by using the local channel feature but i
> have
> further problems. No i have added an extension looking like this:
>
> exten => 7777,1,Answer
> exten => 7777,n,Dial(Local/200 at internals,10,r)
> exten => 7777,n,Playback(sorrynoanswer)
> exten => 7777,n,Hangup
>
> [internals]
> exten => 200,n,Dial(SIP/118,15,m)
> exten => 200,n,Goto(ivr,s,1)
> exten => 200,n,Hangup
>
> exten => 201,n,Dial(SIP/117,15,m)
> exten => 201,n,Goto(ivr,s,1)
> exten => 201,n,Hangup
>
> When i dial 7777 nothing happens. I was hoping asterisk would dial 200
> within
> the internals context. Someone can help? Thank you.
>
> regards
> t.
> --
> knowledgeTools(r)  ... managing complexity.
> knowledgeTools International GmbH
> Wallstraße 15 / 15 a
> 10179 Berlin
>
> Fon: +49 30 726 169 20
> Fax: +49 30 726 169 249
>
> thomas.stein at knowledgetools.de
> www.knowledgetools.de
>
> Sitz  Berlin, AG Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 86378
> Geschäftsführer: Oliver Seyboldt, Reinhard Kunz
>
> This eMail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
> or
> privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
> entity
> named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to receive
> it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use
> or
> disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please notify the
> sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply e-mail, and
> delete the e-mail subsequently. Thank you.

Rizwan Hisham
Software Engineer
AXVOICE Inc.