[asterisk-users] background dialing

Thomas Stein thomas.stein at knowledgetools.de
Tue Jun 5 02:33:10 MST 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007, Thomas Stein wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is it possible to dial in background 2 or more different numbers while the
> same uninterrupted soundfile is playing? Something like this:
>
> exten => Answer
> exten => Playback (hello-bla-bla-we are trying to connect you-play-music)
> exten => Dial (SIP110/15 and after 15s DIAL SIP111 without interrupt the
> Playback-Music)

I tried to solve this problem by using the local channel feature but i have
further problems. No i have added an extension looking like this:

exten => 7777,1,Answer
exten => 7777,n,Dial(Local/200 at internals,10,r)
exten => 7777,n,Playback(sorrynoanswer)
exten => 7777,n,Hangup

[internals]
exten => 200,n,Dial(SIP/118,15,m)
exten => 200,n,Goto(ivr,s,1)
exten => 200,n,Hangup

exten => 201,n,Dial(SIP/117,15,m)
exten => 201,n,Goto(ivr,s,1)
exten => 201,n,Hangup

When i dial 7777 nothing happens. I was hoping asterisk would dial 200 within
the internals context. Someone can help? Thank you.

regards
t.
--
knowledgeTools®  ... managing complexity.
knowledgeTools International GmbH

Fon: +49 30 726 169 20
Fax: +49 30 726 169 249

thomas.stein at knowledgetools.de
www.knowledgetools.de

Sitz  Berlin, AG Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 86378
Geschäftsführer: Oliver Seyboldt, Reinhard Kunz

This eMail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential or
privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or entity
named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to receive
it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please notify the
sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply e-mail, and
delete the e-mail subsequently. Thank you.