[asterisk-users] Get calling channel before pickup

Marcus Carlson marcus at mejlamej.nu
Mon Jun 4 14:46:32 CDT 2007

Hi,

Is it possible to get the remote channelname that will be bridged when
the call is answered, only having the channel that is in the Ring(ing)
state? As far as I can see no variable seems to fit when doing the show
channel command.

I want to be able to redirect/manipulate an incoming call before it gets
answered/bridged, but to do that I have to now which channel to use.

Is there a way? Prefarably using manager API.

Thanks,
Marcus