[asterisk-users] cisco 7940 and auto-answer (aastra 480i vs 7940)

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:30:30 CDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:
> Q2: Is there any real difference between the 480i and 9112 / 9113 phones
> apart from number of lines and display size ?

I have no experience with the Cisco's, so I can't answer those
questions. However, I have deployed quite a few Aastras...

I have a 480i CT on my desk which I love. Specifically, I prefer the
angle that it sits up at on my desk when compared with the 9133i. I
went with 9133i's throughout the rest of the office, mostly due to
cost. The 480i an the 9133i both have native Power over Ethernet - no
external dongles and such are needed - just patch the phone into your
PoE switch and you're ready to go. The 9112i is a much more basic
phone - no built-in PoE, less line appearances, and the screen doesn't
have a tilt adjustment like the 9133i does. All these Aastra phones do
share a common config file format though, which makes provisioning
over TFTP... pretty trivial (pardon the pun).

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore