[asterisk-users] Auto Dial Problem

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sat Jun 2 20:14:57 MST 2007

aslay at pinwee.com.my wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I setup auto dial on my asterisk server. The problem
> is asterisk does not wait for called party to answer
> the call but proceed to process the extension specifed
> in my .call file
>
> My sample call file :
>
> hannel: local/0124787924 at outbound-reminder
> MaxRetries: 5
> RetryTime: 300
> WaitTime: 40
> Account: Reminder
> context: remindem
> extension: s
> priority: 1
> Set: MSG=0135.20070601.0124787924
> Set: APPTDT=20070601
> Set: APPTTIME=0135
> Set: APPTPHONE=0124787924
> Set: CALLATTEMPTS=5
> Set: CALLDELAY=300
>
> My outbound-reminder context:
>
> [outbound-reminder]
> exten => _01N.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN},20)
>
> My remindem context :
>
> [remindem]
> exten => s,1,Answer()
> exten => s,2,Wait(2)
> exten => s,3,Playback(custom/reminder5)
>
> Once asterisk start to execute .call file, my handset
> rings but the console shows Playback(custom/reminder5)

I believe that it is because you are using zap lines to dialout.  Zap
lines are considered answered almost immediately.  The believe digital
and VoIP channels on the other hand have the call supervision that can
distinguish when an answer is made.

Any kind of dialout like that, I just use my sip service provider.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee