[asterisk-users] really strange behavior

BSumrall Brads at ftnco.com
Sat Jun 2 19:11:12 MST 2007

Ok, I am in the O'Reily text book right now, so, I am asking a legitimate
"hard charging to learn asterisk" question.

I have 2 "non-text book related behaviors" going on that I am hoping my
friends can help diagnose and understand.

Ok, maybe 3, but the third may be exclusively related to Teliax

With the following dial plan, I have 3 weird things going on that the text
book does not give you warning on and they are question exclusive to SIP.

I have zero FXx hardware.

So I am testing the intellectuals with this post!

Question 1
I call in and I only hear half of the sound file?
Jitters, sound quality issues

Question 2
After I hear the sound file, the call hangs up?

Question 3
Why in the world do I have to place 8005181896 instead of "s" to prevent the
call from not even happening?  (This is my Teliax related question)

Ok, pros
Have at it my friends!

exten => 8005181896,1,Answer( )
exten => 8005181896,2,Background(enter-ext-of-person)
exten => 1,1,Playback(digits/1)
exten => 1,2,Goto(incoming,s,1)
exten => 2,1,Playback(digits/2)
exten => 2,2,Goto(incoming,s,1)