[asterisk-users] Audio going blank for a few seconds andthencomes back. What could be the reason?

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Fri Jun 1 09:27:17 MST 2007

If its all local network, then I would agree with you. In our situation,
we had people using both SIP and IAX over a home high-speed and we ran
into the problem I mentioned. We also tried to setup a IAX trunk between
2 locations where one end was on a normal high-speed connection. We
would see no more than 2-3 seconds of silence though. Any more than
that, and I agree, something much larger is the problem. However, in our
case, the connection was the problem. When we did packet trapping, we
could see the handful of packets missing, which made sense to us.

Since this certainly not this situation though, I would do the packet
capturing like everyone else is recommending. Something has to be odd there.