[asterisk-users] OT Slightly:

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Fri Jun 1 05:42:48 MST 2007

Interesting article in this months S&B
http://www.strategy-business.com/press/enewsarticle/enews053107?pg=0

Written by Nicholas Carr - The Ignorance of Crowds "The open source
model can play an important role in innovation, but know its
limitations".

At first pass I dissed it and was about to write back to Art Kleiner the
editor about how BAH should stick to what it knows and was about to
provide references on the Asterisk development as a shining example of
Open Source at it's best......but when you read it the second or third
time on the 3rd and 4th page it starts to get interesting.

Maybe the implementation Digium/Asterisk has struck is a perfect example
of crowd development but with centralized control.

Anyway I'm throwing it out there for what it's worth and hope it's of
interest.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd