[asterisk-users] Strange ISDN Troubles

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Jul 31 05:16:28 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 09:00 +0200, Florian Arthofer wrote:
> So, if my ISDN-number is for example 1234567, then i should, if i dial
> 1234567-123, see _something_ on the console and at least i should hear
> it ringing on the phone i place the call with. Am i right?

OK, ordinarily this would be true, but I don't see how configuring a
friend in sip.conf helps at all with an ISDN connection.  That is,
unless you're using some type of ISDN-to-SIP adapter to get the ISDN
calls into Asterisk.  You said you are using chan_capi, so Asterisk
shouldn't even look at sip.conf when a call comes in over your ISDN
lines.

Unfortunately, my understanding of ISDN BRI connections is very limited.
I keep trying to convince someone to pay me to live in Europe for a
while so I can learn it, but I haven't had any luck so far. :-)  I'm
sure there are other people on this list that know chan_capi well and
can show you how to configure Asterisk for ISDN lines.  I would guess
that you need to point the channels to the proper context in capi.conf.

-Jared