[asterisk-users] RTP Session Streaming

Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca
Mon Jul 30 15:46:16 CDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to transmit and receive sound over IP using the Java Media Framework(JMF) RTP.  I was wondering if its possible to create an RTP Stream from my own computer and assign it to a URL.  If anyone knows how I would do this, could they point me to some instructions or an example.  So far, I have some sample code which compiles and creates the player, but it can't seem to realize the player, due to the URL that is given in the example.  I'm guessing I need to create my own RTP stream to test this voice receiver.  It would be nice if I could write the code for a voice transmitter and receive the RTP Stream from the transmitter using my voice receiver but I am not sure if this is possible on one PC.

Would anyone be able to give me some advice on this matter.

Thank you,

Denis