[asterisk-users] Configuring Sangoma A101D with Asterisk 1.2.18 & zaptel-1.2.17.1

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Sat Jul 28 12:27:55 CDT 2007

Deepak Naidu wrote:
> Hi,
>          I have a Dell Power Edge server & planning yo buy Sangoma A101D
> card.  To configure with my Asterisk 1.2.18 & zaptel-1.2.17.1 & Free-PBX
> setup.

It would help to know exactly what Dell Poweredge you were considering.
They do vary.

If you compile your kernel with SMP and IO-APIC support, you shouldn't
have any problems. The Sangoma cards are very tolerant.

> So I wanted to know the steps & any issue which I may come accross if any.
>
> I have googled & have some docs handy wrt Trixbox-2.2.  Just wanted to
> get some notes from user with custom install setup when used with
> Asterisk+freepbx+Sangoma.

On the hardware side, the experience shouldn't be any different.

> Also how do I enable DTMF hardware detection.

As far as I know, that is the default.

-Stephen-