[asterisk-users] Will the Sangoma A40003X fit in a 2950?

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Fri Jul 27 12:32:13 CDT 2007

Kyle Sexton wrote:
> Considering getting the card pictured here,
> http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=2419&searchid=341962,
> and was wondering if anyone had any experience with those in a 2950's
> case.  From the picture it looks to be a pretty large card.  I'd hate
> to get it and have it not fit!

I'll assume you mean a Dell PowerEdge 2950. Sangoma's web site says the
cards dimensions are 55mm(H) x 290mm(L). A Full-Length PCI card is
107mm(H) x 312mm(L). According to the "PowerEdge 2950 Getting Started
Guide" Page 10:

Left riser
   PCI-X option: two full-height, full-length 3.3-V, 64-bit, 133-MHz
                 (slots 2 and 3)
                 OR
   PCIe option:  one full-height x8 lane 3.3-V (slot 2) and one full-
                 height x4 lane 3.3-V (slot 3)

Based on that, I'd wager that it will fit. You may need a molex power
connector available in the server though. Make sure you do your research.

-Dave