[asterisk-users] Asterisk Wiki

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Fri Jul 27 08:44:28 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 06:26 -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> For example: what is the best (shortest) way to search
> for information related to the command playbak()?

I find that the fastest and most up-to-date information regarding the
dialplan applications is the online help in the Asterisk CLI.  For
example, type "core show application Playback" at the Asterisk CLI, and
you'll get a listing of all the arguments and options to the Playback()
application.  The same can be done for dialplan functions, manger
commands, etc.

As a second suggestion, I'll put in a shameless plug for the many
different Asterisk books on the market.  (Yes, I admit it, I helped
author one of them.)  Many of them have reference sections that are
indexed and list the dialplan applications alphabetically.

-Jared