[asterisk-users] Attaching VoiceMails on E-Mails

GNUbie gnubie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:55:01 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I am running Asterisk-1.4.5 on my Debian GNU/Linux Etch here and I want to
send the voicemails as attachment to e-mails and delete the voicemails from
my PBX once it has been sent.  But, I don't have a running MTA here even on
the PBX itself.  I just want to send the e-mails to my GMail account from my
PBX.  Can I just use the mail or mailx command to send the e-mail and attach
the voicemail message?

Below are snippets of my voicemail.conf and extensions.conf configuration
files.  Please advice whatever you think I need to change with my current
configurations.

Thank you in advance.

GNUbie

- - - < s n i p > - - -

# cat /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf

[general]
format=wav49
serveremail=pbx at gnubie.com ; bogus e-mail address
attach=yes
delete=yes
maxmsg=50
maxmessage=180
minmessage=5
maxgreet=60
skipms=3000
maxsilence=10
silencethreshold=128
maxlogins=3
fromstring=The PBX
usedirectory=yes
emaildateformat=%A, %B %d, %Y at %r
sendvoicemail=yes
emailbody=Hi, ${VM_NAME}!\n\nYou have a new voicemail message from
${VM_CALLERID} attached to this e-mail message.\n\nHave a nice day!\n\nThe
PBX
mailcmd=/usr/bin/exim -t ; not sure about this line

[zonemessages]
eastern=America/New_York|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp

[default]
101 => 11011,GNUbie,gnubie at gmail.com

# grep 10 /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf

exten => 101,1,Dial(Zap/1,20,rt)
exten => 101,2,VoiceMail(101,u)
exten => 100,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)},s)