[asterisk-users] SetCallerPres and Cisco PRI

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 26 16:32:11 CDT 2007

Hi Peder,

You tried blanking the caller ID field and it didn't work?

   i.e., exten => ...,n,Set(CALLERID(all)=)

It worked for me, although my media gateway was not a Cisco one.

Whether SetCallerPres() will work depends entirely on what it
accomplishes.  Does it just alter the cosmetic From: line, and
does the Cisco gateway take stock in that?  Or does it tack on
the draft privacy headers (Remote-Party-ID) and set privacy to
on/full?

My gut feeling is that SetCallerPres() applies to calls placed
directly out of a PRI interface, not SIP, because "presentation"
is a term typically applied to caller ID in an ISDN, not a SIP
context.

It is hard to tell whether this intuition is correct because
SetCallerPres() is fundamentally implemented in apps/app_setcallerid.c
which calls ast_set_callerid() in main/channel.c and appears to apply
to a variety of channel types variously.

If this doesn't work, try this:

   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/P-Asserted-Identity+and+Remote-Party-ID+header

A Cisco MGW should support that just fine.

Good luck,

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems