[asterisk-users] Post voicemail processing.

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jul 25 06:20:35 CDT 2007

marc+ast at milestonerdl.com wrote:
> exten => 200,1,SendDTMF(200w#86)
>
> But I don't know the path to take to get that to happen after the
> hangup() - which is needed to close down the voicemail() call.

I think a better approach would be to use the externnotify option in
voicemail.conf.  This lets you specify a script that gets executed when a
voicemail gets created.  That script could create a simple call file to run an
extension, or anything else that you desire.

example.call
---
Channel: Zap/1
Application: SendDTMF
Data: 200w#86
---

That call file will take Zap/1 off hook, send that DTMF string, and then hang up.

Alternatively, you could also work up something in the 'h' extension.  This
extension gets executed after a channel is hung up.  However, I think this would
end up being more complicated to get it to work correctly.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer