[asterisk-users] Post voicemail processing.

marc+ast at milestonerdl.com marc+ast at milestonerdl.com
Tue Jul 24 23:36:02 CDT 2007

This 2 line code is doing what I wanted.

exten => 200,1,voicemail(200)
exten => 200,2,Hangup

What I've been told is that they want the 20 year old phone system to
light up the message bulb.  (yea, a filament bulb, not an LED)   To do
this you pick up on the line that goes into Asterisk and do a:

exten => 200,1,SendDTMF(200w#86)

But I don't know the path to take to get that to happen after the
hangup() - which is needed to close down the voicemail() call.

I've tried:

exten => 200,1,voicemail(200)
exten => 200,2,Hangup
exten => 200,3,Wait(2)
exten => 200,4,Answer
exten => 200,5,SendDTMF(200w#86)
exten => 200,6,Hangup

(go to voicemail, hangup, wait 2 seconds, lift hook, make noise, hangup)

and:

exten => 200,1,voicemail(200)
exten => 200,2,softHangup
exten => 200,3,Wait(2)
exten => 200,4,Answer
exten => 200,5,SendDTMF(200w#86)
exten => 200,6,Hangup

(go to voicemail, hangup hook but keep processing, wait 2 seconds, lift
hook, make noise, hangup to end process)