[asterisk-users] TDM04B & FIOS No Hangups Often

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:05:14 CDT 2007

Hi Mike -

> It seems like since we got FIOS
> installed (including switching to fios phone lines which are supposed to be
> the same on our end) i am having massive problems with asterisk not hanging
> up dead calls for days, even weeks if i dont catch it.  It slowly builds up
> randomly not ending a call and then next thing i know all our lines are busy
> and they all say a call is active in show channels.  i have to shutdown
> asterisk and then restart and then it goes back to normal.

Some things to try:
1) Set the FIOS/zaptel lines to kewlstart signalling (if you haven't
already done that).
2) Set callprogress=yes in zapata.conf (if you haven't already done that).
3) Do you have explicitly declared hangup() statements in your
dialplan?  If not, you could try adding a few in key places as a test.
4) Verify with Verizon that you have disconnect supervision on your
lines.  I would think that they should be able to provide disconnect
supervision on these high tech lines, but maybe the demuxer you
mentioned screws this up.

- Noah