[asterisk-users] TDM04B & FIOS No Hangups Often

Michael J. Liberatore mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org
Mon Jul 23 15:19:32 CDT 2007

Hello all, I am having a big issue that i just cant get fixed for a
while now and its causing me lots of grief.  It seems like since we got
FIOS installed (including switching to fios phone lines which are
supposed to be the same on our end) i am having massive problems with
asterisk not hanging up dead calls for days, even weeks if i dont catch
it.  It slowly builds up randomly not ending a call and then next thing
i know all our lines are busy and they all say a call is active in show
channels.  i have to shutdown asterisk and then restart and then it goes
back to normal.

not every call does this either, its just random.  I believe it started
when the fios was installed but its possible it didn't, i thought one
time a iax2 channel was like this but i havent been able to repeat it.
I am unable to repeat this on demand, its just random.  Do I need to add
something to zapata.conf for fios pots line?

For those that dont know, FIOS is verizon's new fiber optic service,
running fiber to your house and then converting it to copper lines and
computer internet via a demuxer of some sort.

Please help, this is driving me nuts.  I am using snom 360 phones,
1.2.21.1, 1.2.18 zaptel.

Thanks

Mike

This E-mail, including any attachments, may be intended solely for
the personal and confidential use of the sender and recipient(s) named
above. This message may include advisory, consultative and/or
deliberative material and, as such, would be privileged and confidential
and not a public document. Pursuant to 42 CFR, any information in this
e-mail identifying a former, present, or potential client of Straight & Narrow is confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it and you must delete this message. You are requested to notify the sender by return e-mail.