[asterisk-users] phone directory with asterisk

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Jul 24 04:01:51 CDT 2007

Am Montag, den 23.07.2007, 06:44 -0700 schrieb satish patel:
> Dear all
>
>                I have configure asterisk with 100 SIP PHONE ( SNOM )
> but now thing is that my boss need phonebook feature find extention
> number by Pbook so i have read about it there is a feature in asterisk
> but it is with voicemail now i have IP SIP phone of SNOM so how to
> fine phone number by SIP phone ?? how to asterisk directory work ?

As far as I know the popular asterisk phonebook solution ("Directory")
works by calling an extension and punching in the first letters of the
name (calling me, punching 463... for Hoffmeister, for example) and
makes use of the information in voicemail.conf.

Some SNOM phones have a micro browser, it seems you can use it
for phonebook display. Read (way down)
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+snom
and perhaps the manufacturer homepage for details.

Not been there, not done that ;-)

BR
Anselm