[asterisk-users] Asterisk Freeze

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:51:38 CDT 2007

> > You really need to update to a later version of asterisk (and zaptel).
> >  There have probably been somewhere close to a thousand bug fixes
> > since 1.2.10.  If you still have this issue with the latest version,
> > please collect as much information as possible (exact cli messages,
> > turn on logging, your config files, etc) and post that information to
> > this list.
>
> I am very wary of upgrading -- some versions of Asterisk do not work
> well in my environment.  Thursday night I upgraded one of my 6
> production system to Asterisk 1.2.22 and Zaptel 1.2.19.  So far I have
> not had any reported problems.

That's one of the reasons I always do upgrades on a test environment
before deploying them onto my live servers.  Of course, I've still
been bitten by a bug or two, but I've generally found that things get
better after upgrades rather than worse.  Judging by some of your
posts (and other people's posts), I guess the mileage varies a lot,
though.

- Noah