[asterisk-users] VPN on Asterisk

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 01:59:23 CDT 2007

Dear Tim;

What is folks? Where I can find it about VPN solution?

Regards
Bilal
> Hi,
>
> Greetings to All,
>
> Im looking for some help on configuring VPN on the
Asterisk PBX that
> have hosted in US. Im currently in Middle East and
as everyone knows
> some countries here has taboo to VOIP. Im not able
to get phy phones
> registered to my PBX as they are blocking SIP and
IAX2. Hence im
> looking for a VPN solution.
>
> For this first i need to setup VPN on my server ..
Am i right? Well
 if
> anyone has experience in the whole setup how to make
it run, a guide
> would be much appreciated with some pointer to
equipment that are wel
> suited for the setup.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Danny

Danny, I'd be very interested to hear which countries
are blocking
 IAX2.

If they are just blocking it by port number, you can
always configure
it to
run on a different port. If they are blocking it by
content inspection
(unlikely but possible I suppose) you could try
turning on encryption.

Personally I'd try doing both the above before going
down the VPN
 route.
However I know folks have VPNs working very well.

Tim.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/