[asterisk-users] Debian etch and web voice mail - how to configure it?

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Sun Jul 22 12:47:30 CDT 2007

--On Sunday, July 22, 2007 1:17 PM -0400 dave cantera
<david.cantera at iacnet.net> wrote:

> the asterisk gui doesn't interact with apache or apache2... it has it's
> own httpd...  perhaps you can move the vmail.cgi script to the apache2
> directory structure cgi-bin.  I haven't tried that as of yet so I don't
> know how that would work.

Hi Dave, thanks very much.  Well I have no burning desire to use Apache at
all.  The Debian package for web voice mail installed it.  I assumed it was
required since the package manager included it.  If I don't need it, great.
One less thing to maintain.  But, how do I activate the http server in
asterisk then?