[asterisk-users] IMAP and ODBC voicemail storage

Stefan Reuter stefan.reuter at reucon.com
Sun Jul 22 05:47:34 CDT 2007

Olivier wrote:
> 1. With IMAP, is it necessary to save a copy of voicemails in /var/log
> files so that a user can still listen to his (or her) own voicemails
> with his own hardphone ?

no listening your voicemails are only stored in the IMAP folder and
accessed from both the email client and the phones. The cool thing is
that they are only marked read/deleted/... once so you listen to a
message on the phone and your corresponding "email" is instantly marked
read.

> 2. How then, can you make sure to skip non-voice mails stored in the
> same email repository ?

I usually put voicemail in a separate imap folder but I am sure it also
works with only one inbox. Whether it's a voice mail or a regular email
can easily be detected by looking at the message headers.

=Stefan

--
reuter network consulting
Neusser Str. 110
E-Mail:  stefan.reuter at reucon.com
Jabber:  stefan.reuter at reucon.com

Steuernummern 215/5140/1791 USt-IdNr. DE220701760