[asterisk-users] Has anybody used fanless computers of logic supply with asterisk?

Darrick Hartman (lists) dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Sat Jul 21 18:09:22 CDT 2007

Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> I want my freedom to setup and configure PBX hardware and software how i
> want, not how Digium or anybody else wants, so not interested in
> Asterisk Appliances.
>

> So anybody with experience with Supply Logics computers. Or any other
> recommendations for asterisk pbx casings?

The fanless mini-itx boards should be just fine.  There are too many
factors to give you a definite answer, but I currently use one with a
TDM400 card.  A majority of the calls on the board are sip with no
transcoding so there is a very small load on the system (hardly
noticeable).  If you are doing a ton of transcoding or recording calls,
your results may be different.

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman