[asterisk-users] More list issues [Re: G729 copy protection]

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Jul 20 09:23:07 CDT 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Martin Smith wrote:

> I'd bet the emails are addressed to the list and the original sender,
> both, so for the original person they appear twice, but everyone on the
> list gets them a single time. I haven't seen any duplicates.

I've seen list duplicated and sometimes triplicates here, and as someone
who runs many mailing lists myself, I often see duplicates on my lists.
It's very rarely the original sender at fault, and vary rarely the list
processor. IME it's mostly caused by broken MS Exchange servers somewhere
which a list member is using, which feed messages back into the list with
the same message-id. They usually clear themselves up, but sometimes I
have to dig out the offending site and let them know.

Gordon