[asterisk-users] Problem after upgrading from 1.2.21.1 to 1.2.22

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jul 20 02:01:26 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 01:41:42AM -0500, Don Pobanz wrote:
> > You should be running the latest Zaptel & LibPRI both of which
> > recently have been updated. We run a similar configuration and have
> > not seen this problem with the upgrade.
>
> Even after upgrading Zaptel to the latest (1.2.19) from 1.2.17.1 there is the same problem. Libpri-1.2.5 was already at the lastest. Asterisk-1.2.22 won't work but asterisk-1.2.21 works fine.
>
> I still get the following in '/var/log/asterisk/message'
> pbx.c: Cannot find extension '' in context '(null)'

Try enabling debug logging. It may provide more clues. See the sample
'full' in logger.conf . Note that it will provide false alarms.

Can you give some context to those messages? from which channel, etc.?

> Again, nothing has changed in the configuration files. Going back to 1.2.21 corrects the problem.
>
> Outgoing calls work fine. Internal calling works fine. (Internal phones are some SIP phones and some Zap phones hanging off of a channel bank) The only lines I am having problems with are our DID trunks incoming from the phone company. They are on a
> channelized T1 (but not PRI) set up with "signalling=em_w" in zapata.conf.
>
> I have done 'make clean; make install' on
> zaptel
> libpri
> asterisk
> asterisk-addons
>
> Pretty much whenever a new release of asterisk has come out in the 1.2 branch I have updated. (sometimes zaptel gets a little further behind since there is a short outage to upgrade) I have never had any problems before so I believe I am being thorough with the upgrade procedures.
>
> Again, has anything changed in how the zapata.conf is parsed? What about extensions.conf when using #includes? I'm not sure what else to do. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I can't think of a better suggestion, so I can only suggest that you
try:

Install the old version in a chroot or a different system. Copy over all
the /etc/asterisk directory. Run in both systems:

  asterisk -n -rx 'show dialplan' >dialplan

Are there any changes between the versions?