[asterisk-users] Problem after upgrading from 1.2.21.1 to 1.2.22

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Fri Jul 20 01:41:42 CDT 2007

> You should be running the latest Zaptel & LibPRI both of which
> recently have been updated. We run a similar configuration and have
> not seen this problem with the upgrade.

Even after upgrading Zaptel to the latest (1.2.19) from 1.2.17.1 there is the same problem. Libpri-1.2.5 was already at the lastest. Asterisk-1.2.22 won't work but asterisk-1.2.21 works fine.

I still get the following in '/var/log/asterisk/message'
pbx.c: Cannot find extension '' in context '(null)'

Again, nothing has changed in the configuration files. Going back to 1.2.21 corrects the problem.

Outgoing calls work fine. Internal calling works fine. (Internal phones are some SIP phones and some Zap phones hanging off of a channel bank) The only lines I am having problems with are our DID trunks incoming from the phone company. They are on a
channelized T1 (but not PRI) set up with "signalling=em_w" in zapata.conf.

I have done 'make clean; make install' on
zaptel
libpri
asterisk
asterisk-addons

Pretty much whenever a new release of asterisk has come out in the 1.2 branch I have updated. (sometimes zaptel gets a little further behind since there is a short outage to upgrade) I have never had any problems before so I believe I am being thorough with the upgrade procedures.

Again, has anything changed in how the zapata.conf is parsed? What about extensions.conf when using #includes? I'm not sure what else to do. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Don Pobanz