[asterisk-users] Redundancy / Failover

Edgar Guadamuz eguadamuz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:36:34 CDT 2007

Hello... I have been studying how to get Asterisk redundancy with
Linux-HA. You can have 2 asterisk boxes, then install the linux-HA
(Heartbeat) software and if one of the asterisk servers fails the
other will take his IP so the clients registered on that server can
re-register in the other. The redundancy can be hot stand by, in this
case, both servers attend a part of the users.
Also it's possible to have differents trunks connected in the servers
and configure them in order to use the other's trunks in case of all
lines busy. And of course, is possible configure the servers to have
the same dial plan as there were only one server.
I have been also studyng how to use Linux Virtual Server in order to
get load balancing across a cluster of asterisk servers.