[asterisk-users] Problem after upgrading from 1.2.21.1 to 1.2.22

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Thu Jul 19 13:37:17 CDT 2007

Yesterday I upgraded from asterisk 1.2.21.1 to 1.2.22. We are running
Zaptel-1.2.17.1. After upgrading all of our calls from the phone company
(DIDs trunks with wink start on a channelized T1) were not coming in.
Looking in the log file  '/var/log/messages'. I saw the following error
message.

pbx.c: Cannot find extension '' in context '(null)'

This was confusing since I had not changed my configuration files at
all. After going back to 1.2.21, things worked fine again. Again last
night I did a make clean; make install for 1.2.22. Again this error
message appeared. Internal calls (Zap to Zap or Zap to SIP or SIP to
SIP) worked fine. Outgoing calls worked fine.

Has something changed in the way configuration files are parsed? Where
does a context '(null)' come from.

Don Pobanz