[asterisk-users] DTMF regeneration on PRI

Prashant Jois jois.de.vivre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:31:39 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm having some problems with receiving DTMF on my incoming PRI.  It seems
that incoming DTMF is changed so that it is being generated at a slower
speed.  This is not a problem for voice calls, but some of the traffic on
the PRI consists of alarm control panels that transmit alarms in DTMF
formats.  These panels normally require an acknowledgment from my end after
the alarm is received, but because the DTMF is being received at a slower
rate, the acknowledgment comes late and it is causing all sorts of grief for
the panel.  Please let me know if there is a way to have more accurate
re-generation of the DTMF or even increase the regeneration speed.

Thanks,

Prashant