[asterisk-users] DTMF regeneration on PRI

Prashant Jois jois.de.vivre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:32:03 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm having problems with DTMF regeneration on my incoming PRI.  I see that
when the calling party transmits a DTMF digit, it gets generated at my end
at a slower rate.  Normally this would not be a problem, but several of
these calling party are alarm control panels that send DTMF digits at a
pretty fast clip and require that the DTMF timing be left intact.  I noticed
that this only occurs on the PRI: when I set up tests with CAS channels, the
DTMF seems to be left untouched.  My guess is that the telco is sending the
DTMF out-of-band as messages instead of in-band in the audio stream.
Is it possible to configure the span to receive DTMF in-band? or,
alternatively, is there a way to modify the regeneration rate in Asterisk?

Thanks,

Prashant

P.S. Please correct me if my assessment of the situation is wrong.