[asterisk-users] 2 PRI on asterisk

satish patel satish_patel_2000_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 02:25:36 CDT 2007

Thank for answer

           I got it you point. i want to give u a idea of my setup i have avaya Voip and i have intergrate asterisk with avaya through mediant 2000 E1 gateway

    [Asterisk]----sip trunk---[Mediant2k]-----E1----[Avaya]

now i have configured second E1 on mediant 2000 for outgoing call means outside calling but my boss want if anybody calling from asterik to mobile then call goes throgh second PRI any landline phone goes through avaya this is working fine but when i anybody call on that pri means incomming call then call  comes on mediant and mediant send it to asterisk then asterisk how to receive call

Mediant has 2 PRI port one connected to Avaya and other port connected to direct Telcom

Whn incomming call comes on mediant 2000 and mediant forward that call to asterik then how to asterik handle that call how to configura extention for this setup but thing is that mediant register on asterisk. i am confused for this setup

One more thing i am planing to terminate PRI on direct asterik E1 card so i can  handle incomming call directly on asterisk so what setup will good for this can u suggest me how to setup

you have idea of call center setup i have 200 SIP phone and setup would be like call center so how to asterik configure for call center setup

Regards

satish patel

Noah Miller <noahisaacmiller at gmail.com> wrote: Hi Satish -

>                 I am going to install 2 port pri card on asterisk but i dont
> know how to incomming call goes in to IVR and how to route call outside base
> on pattern match means if some one call on mobile phone then use PRI 1 and
> if call on landline phon call route through pri 2 how to make dission base
> on pattern number

Will your PRIs have DID (Direct Inward Dialing)?  If so, you can
direct calls based on the DID number.  For example, if you have the
PRI in the incoming context, and your DID numbers are in the 1000-1099
range, you can use extensions like this:

[incoming]
exten => _10XX,1,Playback(IVR-Start)

or use individual numbers like this:

exten => 1023,1,Dial(SIP/23,20,t)

TIPS: You can usually tell your provider how many digits you want to
receive for your DIDs.  In the North American Numbering Plan, you can
usually ask for 4 digits (as above), 7 digits, or 10 digits.

If your PRIs don't have DID, you can direct your calls just like you
would for a Zaptel analog line.  Again, if you have your PRI in the
incoming context:

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Playback(IVR-start)

If you dont' have DID, and want to differentiate between the two PRIs,
you can put each in its own context.  So, PRI-A is in the [incoming-A]
context and PRI-B is in the [incoming-B] context.  You can then assign
different actions to the 's' extension in each context:

[incoming-A]
exten => s,1,Playback(IVR-Start)

[incoming-B]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/100)