[asterisk-users] Any way to determine remote Asterisk version

marcelobiz at comcast.net marcelobiz at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 00:41:45 CDT 2007

Andrew,

I don't know about your first question ... but my experience with IPcomms was not that good ...
I was trying their service ... (DIDs) and I got a lot of dead spots in the voice calls ... One guy from support was very friendly, trying to resolve the issue, but I cancelled the service and nothing about the money back guaranteed ...

From: "Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen at gmail.com>
A long time ago (Asterisk 0.x, 1.0.x) my experience is that there were alot of interoperability issues, a common troubleshooting issue was to make sure all endpoints where using the latest version of Asterisk. I have not seen these issues in a while.

However I've been working with a customer of mine and this ITSP called IP Communications (IPComms.net) well turns out we have had constant problems since the first day. Turns out (I found this out approx 1 month ago) that the "version of Asterisk" they are using is " Asterisk at Home 1.x"  So basically is there any way to determine the version of Asterisk being used? I cant trust anything IP Communications says.