[asterisk-users] chan_isdn with HFC-compatible

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:04:50 CDT 2007

> Asterisk is loading the chan_misdn and lists mISDN when issueing "show
> channeltypes" -  however it indicates "Devicestate - No". when I look for
> "misdn show stacks", it lists the single port of the ISDN-card, however
> indicates "L2Link DOWN, L1LinkDOWN". so I  guess theres something wrong,
> unfortunately I've no idea  on what to check next...any pointers? maybe I'm
> missing something obvious, as this is my first installation of Asterisk +
> ISDN...

  Checklist:

  - The cable (after all L1 seems to be down)
  - If asterisk is to behave as a phone, check that
    the port is configured in TE mode
  - Verify PTP vs PTMP

  If needed:

  - Take a look at /var/log/asterisk/misdn.log
  - Increase "verbosity" in /etc/misdn-init.conf
    debug=3 should be a good starting point
    (reload mISDN modules after this change)
--
  exvito