[asterisk-users] chan_isdn with HFC-compatible

Michael Kamleitner michael.kamleitner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:59:10 CDT 2007

hi list,

I'm currently trying to get Asterisk running with an HFC-compatible ISDN
card (no-name product, but supposed to work with Asterisk according to the
packaging). the ISDN-card is connected to a alcatel ISDN-system where it
should act just like a normal ISDN-phone.

I went with http://www.misdn.org/index.php/MISDN_with_Asterisk and installed
the package from beronet.com including:

asterisk 1.4.7.1
libpri 1.4.1
mISDN 1.1.5 & mISDN usertools
zaptel 1.4.3

installation went ok, "mISDN config" recognized my card & created the
accpording /etc/mISDN.conf file. I manually edited /etc/asterisk/misdn.conf.

Asterisk is loading the chan_misdn and lists mISDN when issueing "show
channeltypes" -  however it indicates "Devicestate - No". when I look for
"misdn show stacks", it lists the single port of the ISDN-card, however
indicates "L2Link DOWN, L1LinkDOWN". so I  guess theres something wrong,
unfortunately I've no idea  on what to check next...any pointers? maybe I'm
missing something obvious, as this is my first installation of Asterisk +
ISDN...

thx for any help!

regards,
michael