[asterisk-users] double digits on SIP->PRI [was: Zaptel 1.2.19 and 1.4.4 released]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jul 17 09:17:23 CDT 2007

Hi

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 08:58:26AM -0400, James FitzGibbon wrote:
> On 7/16/07, The Asterisk Development Team <asteriskteam at digium.com> wrote:
>
> >fix various known issues.  See the ChangeLog included in the releases
> >for a full list of changes.  The ChangeLogs are also available
> >separately on the ftp site.
> >

> Is there any more information available on this change?

>          * Fix a digit mapping bug with hardware dtmf detection (r4357)
>
> I assume those revision numbers (4xxx) in the changelog are from another SVN
> repo - I was trying to figure out what exactly had changed, but the large
> number of files changed across 3 revs makes it a bit tough to isolate.

Yes, they all refer to revision numbers inside our internal repository.

> I'm fighting with a DTMF problem right now where directly dialed SIP->Zap
> (PRI)

Unfortunetly I'm afraid that this specific fix is not goin to help you.
It was an internal fix in a new feature regarding to hardware-based DTMF
detection in our driver.

Anyway, your question is a good question for asterisk-users
nevertheless.

> calls produce doubled-up DTMF on the other side (not every digit, but
> just one causes the remote IVR to go into fits).  The problem first appeared
> when we moved from 1.2.x to * 1.4.4/Zaptel 1.4.3.  I haven't had much time
> to investigate - it happens whether the SIP agent connected to * is using
> inband, rfc2833 or info and across Grandstream, Aastra and Polycom units.
>
> Interestingly, if I send the SIP phone into DISA() pointing at it's own
> context, I get no DTMF problems on the remote side.

Are the digits sent inband in the PRI channel or out-of-band as
signalling? (Or both?)

You can check if the DTMF digits are sent inline in the PRI by listening
to the specific channel (e.g: with ztmonitor).

You can check if they are sent out-of-band using 'pri debug span N', I
guess.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org