[asterisk-users] Trials with 1.4

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Jul 13 17:01:02 CDT 2007

At 02:16 PM 7/13/2007, you wrote:

>What version of Zaptel do you have installed?

I discovered the issue when I rebooted the machine and the latest
version of Zap 1.4 installed and ran.

> > In 1.2 Zaptel was always built or maybe I just did
> > it right by accident the first time.  I'm not stupid, and I'm sort of
> > a Linux newbie, but it seems you're making 1.4 harder to install that
> > 1.2 and that seems a step backwards.  Is there a problem if I choose
> > to build Zaptel support on a machine without Zap installed?
>
>In 1.2 there was actually some logic in channels/Makefile as to
>whthether or not to build some channels. Which means that if you wanted
>to customize pathes or something you had to edit those makefiles.
>
>Now you can pass the path to autoconf (just like with most other
>projects).

And this is useful to me how?  Not to be stupid, but in my world all
I know how to do is the default install. I'm not going to think it's
not useful for many people, but it doesn't matter to me.

In the end my issue would seem to be I did something out of order,
though I thought I did it right, and as much as I tried the software
only gave meaningless to me messages. I didn't understand and I don't
think I've seen it said before that I should run .\configure every
time I do anything.  I didn't understand what it did and had no idea
it was how I'd get Zaptel support to build.

Ira