[asterisk-users] Trials with 1.4

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Jul 13 15:00:33 CDT 2007

Ira wrote:
> So I need to build and install Zaptel 1.4 before the configure script
> will allow me to build Zap support into Asterisk?
>
> Seems a bit draconian, but whatever. Thanks for the hint, I'll try it
> and see how it goes.

Well, what would you expect?  Should the configure script say "I can't
find zaptel, but I *think* this system will have zaptel installed at
some point before Asterisk gets compiled"?

The whole point of the configure script is to check the system for what
is installed, to see what parts of Asterisk can be built.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer