[asterisk-users] Transfer Question

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:53:12 CDT 2007

Hi Mark -

> I'm having a tough time figuring out how to do something.  If I have an
> operator (which could potentially be in their own context) and an
> internal-only context, is it possible to make it so the operator can
> call the internal-only context but *NOT* transfer calls to it?

Sort of.  You can create a special extension in the operator's context
with a Goto() statement.  Something like this:

[operator]
exten => 100,1,Goto(internal,prompt,1)

Then in the internal context:

[internal]
exten => prompt,1,Background(who-do-you-want-to-call)
exten => prompt,2,Waitexten(10)

So, when the operator dials 100, he/she can then dial an extension in
the internal context.  Normal transfer from [operator] to [internal]
would not be allowed.

- Noah