[asterisk-users] VoIP + IM unified client

Alejandro Cabrera Obed acabrera at sintys.gov.ar
Wed Jul 11 08:30:04 CDT 2007

Dear all, I have a Debian/Asterisk server and I connect several
softphones using SIP in a first test and IAX in a second test. They work
OK in both cases; I use Twinkle client for SIP conversations and Kiax
for IAX.

But now I want to have IM also, I mean a voip client with a chat
messenger incorporated, always using Asterisk. My questions are:

1) Do I have to add some module/package to my Asterisk in order to have
IM ???

2) What SIP+IM client do you recommend to me ???

3) And what IAX+IM client do you recommend to me ???

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro