[asterisk-users] Very bad TDMF tone !

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 01:13:40 CDT 2007

OK, tel me put my share of experience.  I have a PRI & TE212P which had onboard VMP & echo cancellation.

  I am using Asterisk-1.2-18.  the DTMF issue was really bad.  It rang the wrong extension  some tings rang invalid extension.  In the begining I didnt knew that it was an DTMF issue.  Then to resolve this I enbled hardware DTMF in my TE212P card which worked fine, but still had issue with detecting DTMF Down 'f' signals during voice calls, due to which calls got dropped ? was the calls dropped... this was when during conversation DTMF Down 'f' signal was detected then a FAX line was initiated bcos it saw a 'f' signal, this was bcos in zapata.conf I had allowed FAX.  I had to disable FAX in zapata.conf to resolve that issue.   But daily I see at least more than 50 counts of  DTMF Down 'f' signal getting detected in voice calls.

  So my question is the common issue which I see in this posting and mine is Asterisk 1.2-18 version, do anyone have same issue.  Its bcos of hardware DTMF I am able to use Astersik, else its not worthy of that version to detect DTMF properly & changed the DMF relaxed & many other options, recompiled the sources to decrease the DTMF threashold value for DTMF(this is for hardware DTMF).

  --
  Deepak

Noah Miller <noahisaacmiller at gmail.com> wrote:
  > >> i am using tdm400P in my office. i tested that TDMF generated by asterisk
> >> is so bad. the sound is very soft and quality is so bad. i am using
> >> asterisk 1.2.18. most of time, the # key can not be detected correctly.
> >> Does anyone has that problem?
> >> please give me a hit for that problem!
> >
> > The only time I've heard of that problem is when VoIP is involved. I've
> > never heard of this problem when the call is all analog, like with a
> > TDM400P.

1. If asterisk is detecting DTMF, the parameter "relaxdtmf=" can
affect DTMF detection.

2. Have you checked your handsets on both ends of the call? Some
handsets try to filter out DTMF tones.

3. Is voice quiet on your calls, too, or is it just DTMF? It's
possible to affect overall signal levels in zapata.conf. Can you post
the relevant portion of your zapata.conf?

- Noah