[asterisk-users] Very bad TDMF tone !

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:57:26 CDT 2007

> >> i am using tdm400P in my office. i tested that TDMF generated by asterisk
> >> is so bad. the sound is very soft and quality is so bad.  i am using
> >> asterisk 1.2.18. most of time, the # key can not be detected correctly.
> >> Does anyone has that problem?
> >> please give me a hit for that problem!
> >
> > The only time I've heard of that problem is when VoIP is involved.  I've
> > never heard of this problem when the call is all analog, like with a
> > TDM400P.

1. If asterisk is detecting DTMF, the parameter "relaxdtmf=" can
affect DTMF detection.

2. Have you checked your handsets on both ends of the call?  Some
handsets try to filter out DTMF tones.

3. Is voice quiet on your calls, too, or is it just DTMF?  It's
possible to affect overall signal levels in zapata.conf.  Can you post
the relevant portion of your zapata.conf?

- Noah