[asterisk-users] North American voice BRI - Informal survey

Dave Donovan donovan.david at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:02:34 CDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Dave Donovan <donovan.david at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we need piece of reference hardware.  Imagine this scenario,
> we order the circuit and Bell wants to turn it up.  What do we turn up
> with?  It would be great if we had something that we could plug into it and
> get that working just to establish that the line is delivered correctly and
> functioning.

I just saw a BRI card for a Lucent/Avaya G3 (which would probably still work
in the 8x00 series).  listed on Ebay for <$300. I have some experience with
Avaya switches.  We could save the cost of the line and installation by
putting this card in a switch.  The added benefit is we would control both
sides of the link and could test different configs.

Does anyone in the GTA have a G3 that they'd be willing to put the card
into?  I would be willing to pick up the cost of the card.

Dave