[asterisk-users] Session Border Controller time...

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Tue Jul 3 14:31:10 CDT 2007

Andy Brezinsky wrote:
> We use NexTone for our SBC's on our network.  We like:
>
>  - 10,000 concurrent calls with media routing
>  - SIP & H.323 signaling with ability to take care of odd vendor
> specific issues
>  - Basic routing engine allows you to create calling plans for
> individual end points
>  - Limits by bandwidth or concurrent calls (or egress/ingress) for
> either discrete endpoints or via an iEdge group.
>  - "Easy" GUI for those less tech savvy to do work on the machines.
>  - Reasonable pricing on a per-port basis
>  - Amazing Sales/Support teams.  We've had some super funky requests
> we've thought about on a Friday night, they've got their teams together
> to walk us through every part of the configuration.  Very knowledgeable
> and fun staff. (Seriously, best vendor support we've ever had, Hi Dan!)
>
> If you upgrade your SBC's to their RSM product you get basically a full
> Class 4 soft switch with a full LCR routing engine, reporting system and
> analytics engine.  It's pretty powerful.
>
> Right now we're using just the SBC component and sending all ingress
> traffic to a egress trunk group (pointed to our OpenSER routers) but
> we're running a few thousand concurrent calls throught it.

Man I should have also said ... No Nextone ;) We evaluated them before
and they couldn't
do what they claimed... Also of note alot of former Nextone clients
happen to be new
Netrake clients ;) If only those folks at Newport weren't so expensive.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
echo infiltrated.net|sed 's/^/sil@/g'

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." -- Plato