[asterisk-users] Session Border Controller time...

Andy Brezinsky andy at mbrez.com
Tue Jul 3 12:17:52 CDT 2007

We use NexTone for our SBC's on our network.  We like:

 - 10,000 concurrent calls with media routing
 - SIP & H.323 signaling with ability to take care of odd vendor
specific issues
 - Basic routing engine allows you to create calling plans for
individual end points
 - Limits by bandwidth or concurrent calls (or egress/ingress) for
either discrete endpoints or via an iEdge group.
 - "Easy" GUI for those less tech savvy to do work on the machines.
 - Reasonable pricing on a per-port basis
 - Amazing Sales/Support teams.  We've had some super funky requests
we've thought about on a Friday night, they've got their teams together
to walk us through every part of the configuration.  Very knowledgeable
and fun staff. (Seriously, best vendor support we've ever had, Hi Dan!)

If you upgrade your SBC's to their RSM product you get basically a full
Class 4 soft switch with a full LCR routing engine, reporting system and
analytics engine.  It's pretty powerful.

Right now we're using just the SBC component and sending all ingress
traffic to a egress trunk group (pointed to our OpenSER routers) but
we're running a few thousand concurrent calls throught it.

--
~Andy Brezinsky