[asterisk-users] Caller ID Spoofing to be banned in the USA

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Tue Jul 3 07:29:59 CDT 2007

Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:

> This all gets complicated, and there is not a US Representative or US
> Senator smart enough to figure this out, that's the scary part.  Most
> probably don't even know what a DID is.  By the time it is over with,
> laws will be passed to outlaw legitimate purposes.  However, those
> manipulating caller ID with illegitimate purposes will continue to do
> so.  Breaking the law is not something those people tend to be
> concerned about.

I blame the American public who when presented these laws via news reports,
sits back like a little puppy waiting to be walked. Its easy to bitch up a
storm *after the fact*, but when these issues are thrown around most people
are too caught up with moronic issues such as "oh noes they done arrested
poor little Paris Hilton". Many loathe the ACLU, EPIC, EFF and the things
these groups do and its likely because many don't understand why many fight
the fights they do. Instead of a "what do I do now ... the sky is falling
the sky is falling" method of taking, people need to really start paying
attention to what is going on in government before insanely overbroad and
moronic laws are passed.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
echo infiltrated.net|sed 's/^/sil@/g'

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something." -- Plato