[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2 TDM24xx and B410P

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 2 15:36:14 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 09:27:39PM +0200, Administrator TOOTAI wrote:
> We have an Ubuntu Dapper with 2.6.14 kernel, asterisk 1.2.14 debs from
> http://pkg-voip.buildserver.net

Does it have misdn support?

> When misdn stuff (misdn-init start) is not started, everything is fine,
> our 8 FXO (Channel 1-8) 4 FXS (21-24) are working well.
>
> If we start the misdn stuff (one card, port 1,2,3,4 in misdn-init.conf
> and no TELCO cable plugged in the card),  the dialtone disappear on TDM
> lines :-(

Hmmm.... is Asterisk running?

Do you have zaptel channels in Asterisk? Asterisk is the one providing
the dialtone.

In short, what is the output of:

  asterisk -rx 'zap show channels'

> Does someone has a similar working config? Is it a problem with asterisk
> version (we prefere to follow the pkg-voip team)?
>
> Thanks for any hint or experience

The misdn packages shipped with Ubunntu are buggy (they were removed
from Debian Etch due to that reason). The Asterisk package is not built
with chan_misdn , IIRC.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org