[asterisk-users] Dynamically Adding A Context

j j at intuitivecreations.com
Wed Jan 31 14:39:54 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 20:17 -0800, Ira wrote:
> At 02:17 PM 1/30/2007, you wrote:
> >Yes exactly. I tried the 'add extension' command. With *and* without the
> > > 'replace' argument, if the context does not already exist the command
> > > gives an error ;(
>
> You could create a set of empty extensions to use and re-use as
> needed.  It's one of those tasks that made you wish array() had
> something to do with arrays!!!
>
> Ira

 Thanks for the thought, unfortunately this won't work for what I'm
trying to do. The software I'm building is being used on arbitrary
systems all over the world, so I can't count on real time being there
and I refuse to make it edit the extensions.conf and reload extensions
(how would you feel if you used some proxy software and it started
messing with your extensions.conf file??)...