[asterisk-users] Storing recordings

Eric Rousse eric.rousse at telmatik.com
Wed Jan 31 09:57:27 MST 2007

Hello,

I'm currently facing a decision regards to the system I have to build.
Basically, I'm aiming for 2 Asterisk servers with 1 PRI line in each.
And each of them will record all calls in and out. I was wondering if
anyone had any suggestions in that regards ?

I'm currently thinking of building these 2 servers, with some Dell
PowerEdge 2950 and either connected directly to a Gigabit switch that
would be connected to another machine that will have a lot of drive
space. I could maybe mount some network drives on the 2950. Or maybe I
could connect the 2950 to the other machine with a Fiber cable ? But i'm
still undecided if I should use a SAN or NAS. I guess that in overall
and if I wanna build something though enough to stay there for a least
3-4 years, I should go for a SAN.

Anyone any thoughts ? First time I'm building a such system, I have good
knowledge about it since I already used some in the past, but if anyone
has experience with Asterisk and such system it would be great to share
your experience!

Thanks!